SUNSTYLE CHRONICLES from www.sunstyle.co.za

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

rainy day


This is still winter in the highveld and it really shoul not be raining. It has rained from 2.30 pm on and seems to be set to rain for the night. Wierd winter weather!

Today I sent a SANE request to Marita to start developing a public participation process for the Mamelodi Extension 17 community around the subject of their title deeds. Most have lived in their own houses now for over 6 years without receiveing the title deeds to theise houses. This is deSoto's territory and I must agree weith him that it ensures the poor remain trapped in the poverty cycle.


I have posted the diptych I painted entitled "Magnificence" It is now palces on the wall of our lounge in Silverton. Its a big painting about 1.3 mteres by 800 cm x 2 (hence the diptych)

I'm planning to doa whole series of these so watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home