SUNSTYLE CHRONICLES from www.sunstyle.co.za

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

DNA

Well today I went to the National Health Laboratories in Jo'burg just below Constitution Hill and just next to Hillbrow. I met with a Heeren who took a mouth swab and will be checking my DNA.

Why?

Well I have traced my ancestors in ethiopia back 27 generations to 1275 and my ancestors in Europe back to 1312. Thats around 700 years and in geneological research that is a very respectable achievement. DNA is able to trace my family tree from the beginning in Africa some 200 000 years ago to around 50 generations ago, about 1500 years back. The only missing part then would be that small period of about 800 to 1000 years between....

Anyway the DNA can trace mty father's father's fathers line and my motehr's mother's motehr's line only. All my direct ancestors going back just 14 generations would include 16 383 individals!

It's truly amazing how we can do this now. In a decade or so the human genaome would be far better mapped and we will have wven more information about our genertic past.

Now on to Sunstyle matters, I found a number of articles on township business by a journalist doing pieces for Homeless Talk called Hleziphi Mudau. This guy is good!

Anyway he interviewd a few spaza shop owners in one of the townships we have been servicing called Diepsloot. The piece was ostensilbly about the foreigners who have taken-over a lot of the retail outlets in Diepsloot (and in many other townships). Anyway he reports that the spaza shop owners now work together an buy products in bulk and then sell at cheaper rates than others.

This is really good news because it shows the seminal work we hve been doing in the area has taken root and people are doing their own buying up the chain.

Hleziphi has picked-up a critical success story of the Sunstyle method!

Well thats my version at least and I'm sticking to it.

I've sent an e-mail to Hleziphi and asked for us to meet. Maybe he can do some other stories which show the Sunstyle approach and its success?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home